Telecom Lead @ Mobile World Congress 2013: ZTE — 4th biggest mobile phone maker in the world — has announced ZTE Grand Memo 5.7-inch handset on Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors.
With ZTE Grand Memo, the company focuses on larger viewing and easier touch-interaction experience.
Raj Talluri, senior vice president of product management at Qualcomm Technologies, said: “Qualcomm Snapdragon platforms are at the heart of over 770 announced smartphones and tablets.”
The Chinese company says its smartphone users will experience the combination of phone and tablet.
He Shiyou, ZTE EVP and Head of the Mobile Devices Division, said: “The ZTE Grand Memo’s large, high definition screen makes it perfect for media and entertainment, but its uses reach far beyond that. With ZTE’s custom Mifavor UI, a powerful processor, and LTE connectivity, this device offers users a wide array of benefits that go well beyond the capabilities of the typical handset.”
Key specifications of the Grand Memo
- Android 4.1 – Jelly bean
- Thickness: 8.5mm
- 5.7inch, HD.TFT, 16M color, multi-touch capacitive screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with quad-core Krait CPUs
- 3200mAh super-long standby battery
- Memory: 16GB Rom +2GB RAM
- Mifavour UI user interface
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gyro
- LTE 100/50Mbps
- 13MP Intelligent AF Camera with face recognition and panorama,1MP front-facing camera, 1080p HD video playback
ZTE Grand Memo is expected to launch the second quarter of 2013 with specifications varying between countries and regions.