Telecom Lead Asia: Innovation is at its peak in smartphone segment in Asia. LG launched Optimus G that features a hardware offering a unique User Experience (UX).
Innovation is significant for mobile vendors especially after the Apple-Samsung battle over patent and leadership in smartphones and tablet sectors. Patent issues affected most of the smartphone vendors as court cases and debates delayed their future offerings.
Optimus G features Snapdragon S4 Pro as its base for enhanced viewing and longer battery life.
LG claims that the offerings in the Optimus G will provide users an experience currently unavailable on any other smartphone.
“The Optimus G is a groundbreaking premium device not only in the history of LG but also in the smartphone industry. With the Optimus G, users will be able to experience unsurpassed UX features that will allow them to perform tasks that really enhance their daily lives,” said Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Some new UX features that will be included into the Optimus G:
• QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. As it doesn’t just show a part of the screen but the entire screen of both functions, the user can complete two tasks concurrently – such as sending a text message or searching the web while watching a video;
• Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed for a close-up of one’s child while watching a recorded video from a school recital;
• Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
• QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature – like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialing the number while the number is on the top layer;
• Screen Zooming allows for the zooming in and out of lists in music player, email, text messages and photo gallery. It also offers the ability to change the font size and screen layout;
• Application Link launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc.) when the alarm is turned off – making preparation time in the morning go a little faster with all the information on your screen;
• Icon Personalizer allows users the ability to customize icons by editing size and adding images so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible.