Edotco Group has agreed to acquire Touch Mindscape for RM1.7 billion as part of its aim to become the top 5 tower company in the world.
This transaction enables Edotco to increase its tower market share from approximately 21 percent to 25 percent in Malaysia.
“The proposed acquisition is in line with Edotco’s growth strategy and plans to scale up and future-proof our operations to support national digital ambitions in the countries of our operations,” Edotco Group CEO Adlan Tajudin said.
The deal adds approximately 1,000 tenanted towers to Edotco’s operations in Malaysia, where it is already providing co-location to major mobile network operators in the country.
The towers in three states of Pahang, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka come at very high co-location ratios of 3x (Melaka), 3.6x (Negeri Sembilan), and 2.4x (Pahang). The Touch Mindscape tower portfolio also includes towers in key strategic locations of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Perak and Kedah.
The acquisition also allows Edotco to secure a strategic fibre network, which is crucial to further future-proofing the telecommunication infrastructure portfolio.
The acquisition will grow Edotco’s owned and managed portfolio of towers to over 43,000 towers across core markets of Malaysia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines and Laos.
1) Edotco Malaysia Managing Director Wan Zainal Adileen
2) Edotco Group Chief Executive Officer Adlan Tajudin
3) Axiata Managing Director / President & Group Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Izzaddin Idris
4) Touch Group Chairman Y.M Raja Dato’ Mufik Affandi
5) Touch Group Director Y.M Tengku Dato’ Muhd Mazlan
6) Touch Group Group Managing Director Dato’ Azman Omar