By Telecom Lead Team: Mformation Technologies, a provider
of mobile device management solutions, has launched a new solution for small
Mformation has designed a platform, Mformation Service
Manager (MSM), which is used by the largest mobile operators in the world,
including over 75 percent of tier-1 mobile operators.
MSM can operate at huge scale, managing up to and over
100 million devices and subscribers on a single instance of the platform. MSM
Express is a version of Mformation Service Manager that has been optimized for
MSM Express enables operators to obtain the core features
of Mformation Service Manager, including configuration management and firmware
update capabilities. MSM Express enables mobile operators and service providers
to perform the central tasks related to the setup and configuration of mobile
devices of all types.
Support for configuring the settings of new data services
as they come to market can be added dynamically. Mformation has
solutions to ensure support for the latest devices, from feature phones and
smartphones to computing devices, including tablets, notebooks, netbooks, USBs,
MiFi devices and connect cards.
With MSM Express, smaller mobile operators and service
providers can activate, provision, configure and update firmware on devices
throughout their lifecycle, helping them realize the revenue potential of their
latest service offerings.
MSM Express delivers core configuration and software
* Set configuration settings for important data services
(e.g., email, social media, Internet and MMS) ensuring that the settings on the
devices are always correct
* Set configuration settings for all-IP services (without
SMS) such as RCS and VoLTE
* Set policies for connection continuity and bearer
* Repair partially configured settings
* Send configuration settings to individual devices or to a
group of devices
* Schedule configuration actions at different intervals or
during off-peak hours
* Capture, keep and report on the history of each device’s
* Enable customers to quickly access their own device
settings through a customizable Web-based self-serve interface.
* Update firmware on standards-based devices over the air
regardless of the firmware update client on the device
* Manage the entire firmware package lifecycle, schedule
firmware updates for groups of devices and report on bulk and individual