Telia completes telecom tower deals with Brookfield and Alecta

Telia announced the completion of the sale of 49 percent of its tower business in Sweden to Brookfield and Alecta at a price corresponding to an enterprise value (EV) of SEK 11,224 million on a cash and debt free basis. The valuation of the Swedish tower business equals 28.2x normalized EBITDA 2021.
Telia CEO Allison KirkbyEarlier, Telia completed the sale of 49 percent stake in Telia’s Norwegian and Finnish tower business to Brookfield and Alecta.

Telia Towers AB is 51 percent owned by Telia with the remaining 49 percent owned by Brookfield and Alecta.

Allison Kirkby, Telia Company President and CEO, says: “Having created the Nordic region’s leading tower company with an EV of EUR 2.6 billion, we aim to be an even stronger foundation to the continued digitalization of the Nordics.”