Year 2012 would be a momentous year for the ICT industry globally and in the
Asia Pacific region, according to Frost & Sullivan
The top 10 trends that we see will drive the 2012 ICT industry include the
1. Mobile platforms hit critical mass in the Asia Pacific region across
tablets and smartphones.
2. Platform play across the ICT sector would the critical value generator
and more telcos would like to take a position in the same.
3. While consumer social networking would continue to gain momentum, we
will see real use cases in the business environment driven by enterprise social
4. Fixed Broadband will make a come back as the promised speeds and
availability begin to be more ubiquitous in many countries.
5. Internet of Things (IOT) will further accelerate as more and more
devices, equipment and gadgets etc. get connected creating opportunities for
value creation and new business models.
6. Big Data and Analytics will see reaching the chasm in 2012 and get
deployed through variety of platforms and be enabled by emerging technologies.
7. Cloud Computing In 2012, cloud computing is set to become mainstream
in Asia Pacific region. Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is set to be the new
battleground in the cloud computing industry as PaaS vendors seek to attract
developers to their platforms.
8. Telco transformation will evolve as more and more telcos come under
revenue growth pressure even across the emerging markets. Choice of play in the
market would be decision that can no longer be postponed.
9. Enterprise communications would become richer, more collaborative and
increasingly move towards the cloud.
10. ICT as an enabler will continue to gain momentum as telcos, SIs, ISVs
etc. move beyond pure ICT industry to drive growth, value and margins in the
By Telecomlead.com Team